- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Presenters: Jeanne Drisko, M.D., Ronald Hoffman, M.D., Ralph Miranda, M.D., Jeffery Morrison, M.D., W. A. Shrader, Jr. M.D., Alan Gaby, M.D., Mark Houston, M.D., Peter Langsjoen, M.D., Ather Ali, M.D., Ishwarlal Jialal, M.D., Ph.D., Patricia Ducy, Ph.D., F. Guilford, M.D., Mark Hyman, M.D., Patrick Hanaway, M.D., Stephen Sinatra, M.D., Khanh Luong, M.D., Angelo Tremblay, Ph.D., Richard Atkinson, M.D., Sean Hagberg, Ph.D., and Natasha Campbell-McBride, M.D.
- Dates of Attendance: April 10-13, 2008
- Web site: www.acamnet.org
- Attendee: Joanne Quinn, PhD, RMA
Titled, "Cardiovascular Disease and Inflammation, an Integrative Approach," the American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM) event drew nationally and internationally known physicians and research experts to teach practicing clinicians about the latest breakthroughs and scientific advances relevant to the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
The conference balanced engaging lecturers with smaller, interactive breakout sessions addressing specific office-based clinical encounters. An extensive and well-annotated syllabus provided information on all lecturers and pre-conference workshops.
Attendees left with new and exciting research and theoretical ideas to stimulate their own thinking, as well as practical clinical information to utilize in improving patient care immediately. From stem cells and nutritional deficiencies to chemical pollution and inflammation, the conference was packed with excellent information.
ACAM has taken measures to determine educational demands and has assessed the need for education in alternative, complementary and integrative medicine. This is accomplished by using online and offline learning evaluation and suggestion forms, calls for educational topics, literature review and online surveys.
For more information contact:
American College for Advancement in Medicine
8001 Irvine Center Drive, Suite 825
Irvine, CA 92618
Phone: 1-800-532-3688 or 949-309-3520